Monday, June 27, 2016

Mini Sutton.



I have started on the kids back to school wardrobe, this year I will have 4 (!!!) in school.  So I figured I better start sooner than later.  



I don't recall how I ran across the mini sutton blouse but I found it recently and couldn't stop thinking about it, so I finally gave in and bought it.

I made a size 5, Izzy (not pictured) measured right in to the 5 and George is a little bit under.  I need to try it on Iz before I cut another one, but she fell asleep after dinner so that was a no-go tonight.


It is a really simple pattern to put together, even still I managed to make a bunch of stupid mistakes.

The sleeves and neck are finished with bias tape and there are instructions for french seams on the shoulder and front.


I didn't get a great picture of the buttons, but I used these cute black and white stripe buttons, a subtle pattern mixing that makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! This is so cute! I really love this simple shape in children's size. It would be fantastic in a stripe.

    ReplyDelete