Friday, May 11, 2012

Ayashe for the big girl.

I got my thirty minutes in today so I am a happy mama. I started the Figgy's Ayashe the Friday of the kids clothes week challenge, but wasn't able to get back to it until today.  Really, it was only about 30 minutes of sewing I had left but I had to stare at it on my ironing board for a week. Oh well.

Flickr is a bad influence on me... I saw this pattern popping up in my contacts and the ladies did such a beautiful job it convinced me I needed this pattern, ha! So I blame it on all of you... Okay, I admit, I have low self control lately on my pattern needing. 

So I went off memory for Abby's measurements because she hasn't grown in so long for sure she was still the same chest measurement, right? Nope! I had it all cut out and ran across my notebook with her current measurements... oops! So I made the 6/7 when I really should have made the 8/9.  I just went with 1/4 inch seams and called it good... and it fits fairly well, a little snug to get on, but once it is she is fine. 

I had a little trouble with the yoke facing and the collar, but she does have a sew a long for this pattern.  I read through it once and it kind of cleared up the yoke for me, but somehow I didn't end up with quite enough to turn under and encase the raw edges, but I had serged the yoke facing so i just stitched it as if it was turned under and it was just fine.


The collar is where I started today and I really should have refrenced the website, but I was trying to get the most out of what little I had left of naptime so I didn't.  I am positive I didn't attach it anywhere near correctly, but I went with what I had done with another pattern and called it good.  It looks like it should have been that way, only problem is I wasn't able to attach my size tag. Darn.  I may try and stitch the tag in the collar and try to hide the seam.  Maybe not.

She is at the pool, so no modeled shots, but I did make her try it on before I attached the sleeves to check the fit and it was a little on the shorter side (likely due to making the wrong size, and my kids have crazy long torsos so I usually lengthen patterns, but I didn't on this one for some reason) so I did a really narrow hem.  She loves it! Can't wait for her to try it on later! Too bad the twins aren't even close to the smallest size range yet...

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! I love the different color fabric you used on the inside.

    ReplyDelete