This little guy could use some more bottoms and I have a few prints in my stash waiting for the perfect pattern. I wanted something sort of baggy with cuffs, I wasn't too particular other than that. I found myself on pinterest and etsy this morning when it hit me, Ottobre. I have had a subscription for a while now, but it's more eye candy than anything to me. I really need to use them more often. So I went through my stack and found something to experiment with before I cut in to my 'good' fabric.
I used the 3/2013 #4 Summer Sea.
I had literally just enough of this fabric to cut out the 80cm size. I have used it in the past for Jack and he loves it, he was sad when he outgrew the tee and hoodie.
The only thing I didn't love was how high the waistband goes up, but it doesn't but me enough to figure out how to modify it.
They are a harem style, and while I never actually thought I would make my kids this style, I don't hate it. In fact I kind of love them on him.
The pant piece is only one piece of fabric, cut on the fold and sewn together in the back and inseam. It took me a minute while looking at the pattern piece and instructions to wrap my head around how it would work out, but once I cut the fabric it was obvious and quite genius.
I constructed the pants and wasitband as instructed, but just folded the cuffs in half rather than add elastic to them too.