Sunday, November 30, 2014

Fall baby.

I have been sewing quite a bit, but not blogging.  Do you ever get that way?  I have always maintained I blog as my journal, to remember what I changed or kept or what I thought of the pattern, the sweet comments from people are just a bonus.  I am getting behind on my journal, but sometimes cute little kids get in the way of what I want to do, ha!  

So, first up of things sewn but not blogged, an outfit for our family pictures for Sam.  


I used the Charlie Sweatshirt, a free six month sized pattern.  I hemmed and hawed and struggled with what I wanted to make for him, nothing seemed quite right.  I saw this pattern two days before I needed it and printed it immediately.  The fit was spot on, I was thrilled.


Knowing I was going to pair the shirt with his orange jeans I topstitched the elbow pads (what's the technical word?) with the same orange thread I used for the pants.

This knit was awful, when I ironed it it stuck to my machine! What?! I've never had that happen.



The pants are the Small Fry Skinny Jeans size 6 months, but modified a bit.  I made them once before for Sam and absolutely loved them.  So much so, that I cut out a stack of them and have been slowly working on them.  I could never be a sweatshop worker.  I finished up all but Abby's, so at least I am close.  Jack's don't fit at all, sadly, even though he measures in to the size smaller than what I made.  Anyway, so I decided to skip the flat felled seams on the inside of the leg and took a smaller seam allowance on the sides and when sewing the back legs together to give him a little more room since my kids are apparently giants and not really made for skinny jeans.

I chose the half fly with topstitching.  I skipped the belt loops, but kept all the fun stuff like the coin pocket and lots of topstitching.



I even topstitched the back pockets, even though they totally blend in.  I couldn't help myself... I am only a little crazy, most days.

I super duper love the pants pattern and highly recommend it.  I need to sew the button hole on for the twins pants and finish up Abby's, they are all getting antsy for them!  That's what I get for showing them what's in the pipe line;)

P.S. his shoes are the moccs I made for him here.

4 comments:

  1. You really convinced me to sew the small fry skinny jeans for my boys. I love the topstitching you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the jeans! Too weird about the knit fabric when ironed, although the finished sweat looks terrific.
    Adorable outfit and totally adorable baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sewing as always, but I'm super distracted by that adorable, SUPER CHUNKY baby! Look at his tummy! His cheeks! I just want to nibble on them. There is something about a chubby baby in skinny jeans (orange skinny jeans no less) that is just so freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the orange pants, Brittney! It's such a cute outfit on an even cuter boy!

    ReplyDelete