Monday, April 18, 2016

Triangles.



If you follow me on Instagram, you know I am a huge fan of Raspberry Creek Fabric. Diana is super sweet, and amazing to buy from.  Her fabrics are great prices and she ships suuuuper fast (and always refunds shipping overages!).  We were chatting recently and she asked if I would like to sew up some of her triangle strike offs from her in-house Club Fabrics.  I, of course, jumped at the chance.  Her club line is so, so good.  It is a great weight and washes up so nice.


So I decided to make Jack a color blocked School Bus T-shirt.  I cut the front of the shirt just under the arm pit and added seam allowance to the bottom of the shirt and cut section, sewed them together and then sewed the shirt like normal.  This is a size 8.

The olive, charcoal and white (below) solids are all also from Raspberry Creek.  Again, they are a great weight and I haven't had any pilling or fading even after washing a ton.  I mean, a ton.  I have been using the solids for months now and haven't had any problems.


For Sam, I used the Field Trip Raglan in a size 2T and added some HTV to the front.  As soon as I saw the triangles, I knew they just had to become a FTR.

Since I went the color blocking route on both these tees, I have enough left to make something else.  I am thinking maybe a pair of capri leggings for the twins...

2 comments:

  1. This is a rousing recommendation! I need to order some from her. I love that small fry shirt so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang these are so cute!! I am in t-shirt making mode over at my place too - Titchy Safari Raglans and Rowan tees, and I was considering color blocking one for Joe. Great fabric choices! And yes, you are pretty fly, small fry! <3

    ReplyDelete