Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Class picnic times two.


Abby is headed to 6th grade in a few days, that seems so crazy to me!  I figured it was about time to fulfill some of her requests (the paint splatter blouse) and finish up a few UFOs.


I used the Class Picnic Blouse in a size 12.  She is a little above the size 12 for her chest, but this one is nice and roomy so I didn't hesitate when she requested this pattern.  I added 2 1/2" to the bottom of the blouse, and kept the original hem depth.

I added a piece of dainty lace in the front yoke of this oh so soft Robert Kaufman floral lawn.


I picked up this Art Gallery from my LQS at least a year ago, maybe more.  She has been asking for something made from it as soon as I brought it home.  I hesitated to make her something from it, because she wasn't a fan of handmade there for a while, and especially not anything made in woven.


The last couple of months she has decided having mom-made clothes is actually pretty cool, because then she doesn't show up to school in the same top as anyone else.  So I decided it was time to make her request.


I really love these two on her, and I am really sad these will be the last two she gets now that she has sized out of the pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, bittersweet! Sad to see our kids size out of our favorite patterns, to be sure, but sweet to see her growing up into such a lovely young woman! This top looks refreshingly modern and stylish on her with those cut-offs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern. Freya hasn't worn the one I made her last year very much. I wonder if it still fits her?!

    ReplyDelete