Monday, April 18, 2016


If you follow me on Instagram, you know I am a huge fan of Raspberry Creek Fabric. Diana is super sweet, and amazing to buy from.  Her fabrics are great prices and she ships suuuuper fast (and always refunds shipping overages!).  We were chatting recently and she asked if I would like to sew up some of her triangle strike offs from her in-house Club Fabrics.  I, of course, jumped at the chance.  Her club line is so, so good.  It is a great weight and washes up so nice.

So I decided to make Jack a color blocked School Bus T-shirt.  I cut the front of the shirt just under the arm pit and added seam allowance to the bottom of the shirt and cut section, sewed them together and then sewed the shirt like normal.  This is a size 8.

The olive, charcoal and white (below) solids are all also from Raspberry Creek.  Again, they are a great weight and I haven't had any pilling or fading even after washing a ton.  I mean, a ton.  I have been using the solids for months now and haven't had any problems.

For Sam, I used the Field Trip Raglan in a size 2T and added some HTV to the front.  As soon as I saw the triangles, I knew they just had to become a FTR.

Since I went the color blocking route on both these tees, I have enough left to make something else.  I am thinking maybe a pair of capri leggings for the twins...

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A pair of Playtimes.

Continuing on with projects sewn but not blogged, two sets of Playtime Dresses and leggings.  I was contacted in December by Danielle, the owner of Whimsical fabric, to see if I was interested in stitching up and photographing a few sample kits for an upcoming sew-along she was running.  I said of course, and she sent me the fabric for these two sets.

Though I have made the Playtime many, many times before I hadn't made them in knit before.  I didn't even think that they would fit a little bigger than the woven ones.

Both the tops and bottoms are a size 4, the leggings I added a couple of inches to for longer wear.

The blue dress I used white stitching and topstitched the neckline collar and the back detail.  For this cream dress I used orange.

The kits came with everything needed, including the buttons.

By the time I made them up in January, it was already starting to get warm here, so they haven't been able to wear them more than a month or so.  But we did have a cold snap last week so I made sure to pull them out.

Friday, April 8, 2016

A trio of Geraniums.


As George wore this dress today, I realized I never blogged it or the other two recent Geranium Dress makes.

I have been obsessing over print mixing, particularly floral and stripes.  I have made so many of these in the past, I thought it would be fun to mix things up a bit so I added a curve to the front bodice.

This is a size 4 with length.  The twins have been growing up and not out lately, it seems as though they have been in size 4 forever.

Again, mixing things up, I added a hem band and piping in between the skirt and band.

This one was just basic, but the first time I did gathering rather than the pleats.

I saw this tapestry at Target a year or so ago and decided it had to be mine.  I finally decided to cut in to it and don't regret it at all.  It is actually kind of nice, it must be some sort of poly blend because it doesn't wrinkle easily.