Friday, July 13, 2012

A little sewing.

My sewing mojo has left the building.  I never thought  I would say this, but for the last few weeks I have had absolutely no desire to sew anything.  Sigh. 


This hopscotch was sewn the last week in June, but I never got around to posting about it.  Ben's cousin took newborn pictures of the twins and I always meant to make her something for photo props, but didn't have time (ya know, newborn twins;) then I heard she was pregnant so I decided to make her something for her baby instead.  I waited to make something just in case she had a baby shower (but she didn't), I made it intending to give it to her at our family's 4th of July super duper party, but I didn't stick it in the diaper bag.  Oops.  So, it is still sitting on my ironing board... but it is a 12 m, and the baby was born this spring, so I have time.


Abby and Jack went to Lake Powell with Grandpa and Grandma, so I decided to "force" myself to sew, and ya know what? I really enjoyed it.  I made two Oliver and S Classic picnic blouses in some lisette (popplin, I believe) that I got on super duper liquidation at my local Joann's that is moving locations (I may have mentioned that before...?).  I made 12m for both, but lengthened quite a bit... like, I think I lengthened it to 3t.  It looked like it would be a little short for my taste from the drawing, plus I pretty much lengthen everything at least one extra size.  My only complaint was when it came to hemming the teeny tiny sleeves.  I can't even imagine how the 6m would be!!



Iz has sweet little curls. Well, so does George, but Iz's stay around even after rolling around on the ground where Georgia's go straight.


I recieved the fall Ottobre and I am thinking I will be sewing lots more soon as I liked 80% of what was in it.  Abby starts school in just over a month and we will be moving soon after that so I need to get a start on her school wardrobe!


3 comments:

  1. Not much sewing at my house, either Brittney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lost my sewing mojo quite a few times. I usually just go with it. I mean, I have a job, which I sometimes have to force myself to do, even when I don't feel like it, but sewing is supposed to be fun! That said, I do find that just diving back in is often the best cure for sewing ennui.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the good thing is that sewing mojo always returns! The Class Picnic tops are super cute.:)

    ReplyDelete