Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dress B.

Sigh, still way behind on blogging, worried  I may forget my sizing and notes, but family time comes first.  So, rather than go back and figure out what needs to be journaled, I will start with my most recent make, only a few days old and a few quick snaps yesterday. 



Every year we do family pictures with Ben's family (Sam wore thisthis for Iz, and an unblogged hopscotch dress for George), but my family hasn't had them since I was in middle school.  But, we were all together for Christmas so we decided it was finally time.  Because of work schedules we had to take them in the morning and work to find a shady spot, and it turned reaaally cold this week all of  a sudden.  So the kids *looked* cold, hands in pockets and tense poses, but it will do for now.

My mom wanted navy blue and maroon, turns out we didn't have any maroon in our closets, so Georgie got a new dress.

I used Happy Homemade Sew Chic Kids, pattern b: dress with square neckline size 2.  I recently picked the book up, I couldn't pass it up as at the time I was able to get it for under $10.

I was still a little intimidated, even though it is the English version.


I did manage to figure it out, though, a little bit from the diagram and a bit from common sense and what I knew from other similar patterns.  It is her new 'most favorite' dress and I can see these being a nice staple in the summer.  She has actually worn it this way, with no cardi needed during the day, aside from that cold snap.  It's a crazy winter!

5 comments:

  1. This is a sweet dress B - love it paired with the cardi. I have two (English) Japanese books but have yet to use either of them....
    With you on the blogging too - mine's totally fallen by the wayside - oh well, sometimes something just has to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great. I've been meaning to make more dresses from that book. Too many other (unblogged!) projects keep getting in the way. Hope you had a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute. I have a soft spot for gingham dresses, and I love the yoke on the bias! I have this book, and this is one of my favorite projects from it, but Maggie is still so tiny, I have to wait a while if I want it to fit her (she's not even 2T yet). Inspiring!! Can't wait to see what else you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I've made this dress a couple of times and it's a lovely design. Especially cute in gingham!

    ReplyDelete