My friend who orders from me from time to time requested mermaid suits. We talked over the specifics, and I was quite excited because I was already planning on making some for my girls and now I had an excuse. I wanted to try the pattern first and work out all the kinks before I move on to the ones I am selling.
The pattern I used was the Santa Monica Sweetheart Tankini both pieces in size 4. Georgia's top probably could have been a 3, she is pretty thin in the chest, the bottoms fit well though. I wanted the suits to be interchangeable, though they will likely stick with 'theirs'.
They were so funny, when I showed them the suits they started giggling uncontrollably. Then ripped off their clothes as soon as I gave the go-ahead and spent the afternoon pretending to be mermaids. They just got out of the mermaid bathtub and Iz asked if she could sleep in her suit. I call that a success.
Elizabeth picked pink from my swim stash, she wanted yellow but settled when the only yellow I had was a mustard. She didn't think it was yellow, ha!
I used the purple my friend picked for Georgia's, purple is her favorite color and I wanted to get a feel for the fabric. Turns out, the pink was excellent to work with and the purple wont hold a press.
The purple is super hard to photograph and get the true color.
Overall, I am really happy with the look and am glad I took the time to work out the kinks.