Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Square neck dress.


I made the square neck dress from happy homemade a while back and loved it.  It has long since been outgrown, so it was time for another one.

This is the size 4-6 in a Robert Kaufman gingham.  I originally bought the gingham thinking of a top for me, but it is heavier than I thought it would be, so it wouldn't work for what I wanted.  But, it is perfect for this little dress.


Some days I get loads of adorable photos in all angles, and other days I am lucky to come out with one out of fifty.  So, this will have to suffice, haha.

The only thing I may change next time, is to make the bias binding around the arm holes and back opening a little wider.  It says to cut it out one inch wide, and it gives a beautiful, dainty look, but it is pretty fiddly. Even adding just a half inch would be a lot easier to work with, I think.

1 comment:

  1. So simple, but totally fantastic and wearable. It will go with everything, she'll be able to wear it for a long time (it has room to grow), and it's a simple and classic shape. Serious mom-sewing WIN, Brittney! I have this book, I really need to try out some of the patterns!

    ReplyDelete