Monday, December 24, 2012

A last minute Italian feast.


I recently ran across this pattern on etsy while searching for some fun, unique items to add to the new kitchen.  Seriously, the lasagna killed me with cuteness, and I just had to buy it.  I wasn't planning on making it before Christmas, but the twins napped right through church so I stayed home yesterday with them while the biggies went with Daddy.   So free time with no prying eyes, score. 
 
 


Looks delish, right?!  I would totally eat this:)


The pattern instructs you to sew most parts with your machine, but I wanted to watch some football... so I hand stitched all of it, which took probably waaaay longer, but that's okay.  Plus the artsy, uneven stitch look is growing on me.   I am considering adding more lettuce eventually, chances are I will never get around to it though, haha.



Bowtie pasta, sauce and two meatballs. Yummy!


These suckers are what took the longest! I was finished two noodles and was excited, thinking I was done, then I realized I needed another.  Oh well.  They are the reason I splurged on a pattern, right?


I love that they are all separate pieces, makes for more imaginative play!


So the feast went in a zip bag along with the ice cream sundae and veggies, time to get wrapping!  Of course I decided at the last minute to also make the kids pj's for Christmas Eve.  Yep, for tonight.  The big kids are off to find snow in the mountains with Daddy and twinsies are due for a nap, so my machine will be put to work! 

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Brittney,I love your felt food!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to all of you xx

    Love the Italian feast

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! I am so into felt right now. Lasagne!!

    ReplyDelete