Sunday, March 2, 2014

Argh Matey.

For my fourth and final set this go-around, she chose pirate themed.  (firstsecondthird).



 The inspiration for these dresses were found here.


I used the Oliver + S Roller skate dress, modified, of course.  Also, in a size 4 and a size 12m.  I constructed it slightly different as I didn't want the raw edges shown on the black layer (aka lining layer).


I used the pirate as the "main" layer, black as the "lining" and attached the striped fabric to the black.

I think they turned out pretty well, and similar to the inspiration dress, my friend seemed to like them too.  Can't wait to see pictures from her vacay and live vicariously through her, haha!

5 comments:

  1. These are so grand! I want to copy this dress, is there a way you could give a wee bit more details on how you made it? I not quite sure how you did the layers still, please??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I reread your post and now I get it! . it's still early ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love how the Roller Skate dress looks layered like this. Clever Brittney!

    ReplyDelete