Monday, October 5, 2015

Monochrome Fairy Tale dresses.

Ever since I heard about the monochrome project I have had this specific dress in my head.  I wanted to make a thick striped, pleated Fairy Tale, and a white with black block printed Fairy Tale.  Well, one of those came together in time.  Then I saw a gorgeous Cotton and Steel black and white print at my local shop, then spotted a pretty black lace and knew it was fate.  


The girls were so excited when they saw the dresses.


I can't believe I've never made a sleeveless version of this dress, I love it.  In retrospect, I should have had white at the top of the skirt, oh well.

I pieced together the black and white fabrics, then cut out the dress.  I found it oddly satisfying.


I made the underskirt the same length as the over skirt and added lace to it, but it wasn't like I had imagined.  In my mind, you'd be able to see it peeking out at all times, but that didn't quite work.  So I also added some to the outer skirt.

I also left the darts off both dresses.


George loves this one.  I tried to put the stripes on her, and she said she wanted 'the pretty one'.


And Iz was just excited to get a new dress.

3 comments:

  1. You are on fire!!! These dresses are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously beautiful. The striped one looks couture - it's just so awesome! Warning you that I may copy it at some point in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes and box pleats are the best! :) But then I think George is spot on with her assessment of the other one too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete