Saturday, March 17, 2012

The engagement skirt.

A friend is getting married, and she asked if I would sew a skirt for her engagement photos I would be taking later that week. She brought swatches to my house and we chose these. I don't know how sure she was that they would go together, but she trusted me. I quite like them together. I loosely followed the vintage skirt tutorial from noodle-head.com. I have made it before for myself and wasn't too pleased with it because it was too full. I can't pull off a really full skirt. So when I made hers I went with 1 1/2 times the waist instead of 2 times. Unless you are a runway model I don't think I would go with 2 times, but that is just me.





Oliver + S has forever changed the way I hem my clothing. I loooove the look of their hem facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment