Thursday, January 23, 2014

Badminton shorts.

As soon as I saw the new twill from the Lisette line I knew it was meant just for me.  I snatched up two yards and started thinking about which pattern to use.  I remembered Justine made a fab pair of Ikat badminton shorts, so these are inspired by her, who was in turn inspired by Peta's, community effort.  




I made Oliver + S Badminton in the 18-24 month size and they fit perfecto on George, I haven't tried them on Izzy yet but I left a little room in the elastic just in case they work for her too.  They should as she is the one I measured when choosing the pattern size.




My only dilemma when using this fabric was how it would be sooo obvious I suck at pattern matching being the shorts are two pieces (not including the waistband), so I decided to turn my pattern pieces into one thus eliminating the side seams.


Wanna know how I did it? (so you don't do it wrong and waste fabric like me)




Since I was eliminating the side seams I had to take that amount off the pattern pieces.  I drew a line a half an inch from the side (in marker so I could see through for the next step)


Then I matched up the lines I had drawn and taped the two pieces together and cut two of my now one pattern piece.  Easy peasy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to give that a try, thanks for sharing, Brittney! The shorts look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete