Friday, May 16, 2014

Whales.

This is the same pattern as last time, but this time I used view c.  


I usually try to stay away from novelty prints, but the whales just killed me dead (and so did the fox print... I just haven't decided what to do with that one yet).

I don't *love* the orange, in my mind it was going to be a brighter, more primary shade of orange.  But apparently my local shop's button/snap inventory has been severely diminished.  In fact, this was the only orange snap and also only two orange button sizes.

And I should have taken more care in lining up the whales, but what's done is done.


I lined the yoke again like I did with the romper, and this time it is a legit 3month.  I should invest in a few smaller sized tags... meh...

I did work out the collar/facing issue a bit better this time.  That means next time I'll be pro, right?  ha!


The thought of matching the print for the pocket made my brain hurt, so I went with a contrast.


A little piping at the yoke, because who doesn't love piping?


Since it's all about the details, baby, a contrast under collar also.

Next up:  Tops for Abby (per her demand request).

2 comments:

  1. Nothing smarter then a wee man in a button up shirt.
    I am feeling a bit sad we will not be able to sit on the sofa together and feed our babies, maybe by Skype?
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, there it is!! So cute! Love that fabric and I think the orange snaps are perfect! The details are lovely. I love understated boys' clothing, I really do ...

    ReplyDelete