Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Twin Roller Skates.

 Back for Day 2 of Kids Clothes Week with two more Roller Skates, but this time as dresses.


A few months ago I painted an 8' garage sale book shelf I picked up and set it up in my bedroom.  I put part of my stash up on it, sadly (?) it didn't all fit, but it definitely helped to narrow down the places in my house I shove it.  The twins loooove staring at and petting the fabric, wonder where they get that from... ;)

Anyway, they found these mermaid prints I have been holding on to for a while now and asked every day for the last month or so if I would make them a mermaid dress.  Every time I made them something else, they would ask when their mermaid dresses would be done.

Eventually I got the point.



I kind of held off because I was unsure how I wanted to place the print, though I was pretty sure I wanted to use this pattern.

But I am glad I finally made them, and so are they!


They are both a size 4 with 1 1/2" added to the length, they tend to wear these until they die and/or get too short, dresses become tunics and tunics become shirts.


Surprisingly, there wasn't any fighting over the color because, and I quote, 'Elsa likes blue and Anna gots pink'.  So, my Elsa loving George gets blue (since she's Elsa) and Anna loving Elizabeth (since she's Anna) gets pink.  Works for me!

2 comments:

  1. Why haven't I made this yet, completely adorable Britters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky little girls! such sweeties ;o)

    ReplyDelete