Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tohoku tote.

This is something I saw on pinterest, pinned many times. It kept popping up, and I just finally had to make it. My purse was trashed before the girls were born, but since I was planning on carrying the diaper bag 95% of the time, I wasn't worried. But then after a few weeks of church- me in Relief Society, him in Priesthood, each of us with a baby, me without diapers or wipes, I knew I needed something. So I made the Tohoku tote from iammommahearmeroar.net. I reaaaallly love it!! The big bow is what sold me. So girly. I had been hoarding this fabric for a while just waiting for the perfect project.

My box pleat was a little wonky because I made it a little too big. The instructions tell you to pleat and then cut your pattern... That was a little vague... If I made it again I would definitely make a more modest pleat. But overall I love the tote, it is deep enough for a notebook and I added two giant pockets. Plus it is really cool and stands up by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment