Thursday, October 11, 2012

KCWC day 4.

Ah, Thursdays.  My simply amazing, kid-free sewing afternoon, due to my awesome mother-in-law who takes my kids for "Grandma day".  So I set up my machines, put The Killer's in the cd player and look at what I accomplished! 
 
 
Last night before I sewed up the raglan for a twin, I also cut out one more for a twin and one for Jack.  Again, the Oliver + s Field Trip Raglan.
 
 


Frankensteined size again, 12m chest, 2t length, 18m sleeve length. 




For once I didn't lengthen the pattern! A straight up 4.  Though I kind of did worry and make a plan in case it ended up too short, but it isn't:) When he saw it he said "Okay! This is the one I will wear tomorrow!"  Good sign.




This is a modified flashback skinny tee, using the same modifications as last time, except instead of gathering the front I did a pleat.  The back is still gathered. 




The details blend in a little, it may not have been the best choice for this, but that's alright.




This is the back.



And then a white one, I think it will be tunic length... Can't remember how long I cut it, ha! 

I have a few more shirts planned for the little girls, two for Jack (not that he needs more, but I am on a roll for him, and he usually gets skipped!) then Abby needs some.  Seriously, the girl needs to grow, ha!  She has been in the same size shirt for 2 years, so she has plenty in her closet, but they are starting to look pretty worn, so she will be getting some new shirts this fall too.

11 comments:

  1. Cute, cute tops:) always love your fabric choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great round of tops! I love the idea of doing a pleat instead of gathers. How much extra do you add to the width of the lower panel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my 12m, I added 2 1/2" on the fold, so 5 total. I added a pic to flickr:)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm never sure how much width to add to get the right amount for gathering.;)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, especially loving your mods to the Flashback Skinny tee. I'm totally going to copy you! :-) I have also been eyeing the O+s pattern, especially those awesome cargos with reinforced knees ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I have the pants drafted and waiting for the perfect fabric!

      Delete
  4. You are on fire! Can't even begin to do a count of your output this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of necessity, all the kids need new shirts and I will be busy with the house next week!

      Delete
  5. Wow,Brittney!
    Your sewing is as cute as your little ones.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete