Friday, December 12, 2014

A little sewing.



Oh, these two just crack me up.

I have been working on a few items for a friend and they have just been dying over the "Chwismas reindeews!".  Today when I hung the dresses (more on them in a minute) to snap a few shots of they just lost it when I said for the millionth time that the dresses weren't for them.  Since I managed to overestimate the amount of fabric I needed I ended up with enough to make them each a skirt.  While George wasn't thrilled it wasn't a dress, she loves her new skirt, and I love that these only took an hour.  Score.



I wanted to do an accent color on the skirts, but I wanted to have them ready for a Christmas party tonight which meant having them match any random shirts that happened to be clean.  Elizabeth is making a fashion faux pas, or is she?  I have started seeing brown and black paired together lately.  But, she refuses to wear any other pair of shoes lately, so that's what she gets.


It was pretty cloudy today, so the colors are a little off, but the reds are a pretty 'true' primary red, not too dark or bright and they actually do match perfectly to each other.

I used the Oliver + S School Bus Tee as a base and added the neck ruffle and skirt based of a picture my friend picked out.  These are size 5 and 18 month.


She also wanted a baby gift based on a picture she found.  I used the Lullaby line bodysuit from Peekaboo patterns and the baby go-to leggings, both 3 month.  I was (am) a little worried about the trim because there is absolutely no stretch so I made the head opening slightly bigger.


If those dresses and skirts didn't put you in the Christmas mood, I bet my utterly adorable baby will, ha!  Time for a million (or so it seems) Christmas parties!

5 comments:

  1. So cute and very fashionable! I love how they're coordinated but not too matchy-matchy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney, those dresses are gorgeous. I need you to teach me how to add those ruffles to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous!
    So many parties but it is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so pretty! And look at those two little teeth! SOOOO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the grey in each outfit, those leggings are too cute!
    Those dresses are perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete