Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The one that fulfilled a promise.

I cut out the front and back of this tunic earlier in the month and meant to find a tutorial to help me figure out how to cut the sleeves so the pattern matched the body, so I set it aside.  Being I measured Abby and cut it in front of her, she knew I was making it.  She kept asking, and asking and asking when I would be finished with it, I kept putting her off.  Last Saturday (or maybe it was the Saturday before that?! I can't remember) we were trying to get her to practice her bike with gears.  She, for some unknown reason, is terrified of it.  I told her 'ride the bike, I'll finish the tunic'.  Well, that didn't happen, she rode but I didn't finish.  Last night we were talking and she said 'you never keep your promises to me!' and brought up the tunic.  Stabbed the knife right in.  Maybe I shouldn't have because she was being a bit of a brat, but I stayed up late and finished this up so she would have it for school the next morning.  


And she is very happy this morning, she even painted her nails and changed her earrings to match.

I used the Oliver + S School Bus Tee size 12, even though she measured in to the 10, I wanted it a little looser fitting as she is all about the comfort.  I lengthened the sleeves, but apparently not enough.  My kids must have really super long arms because I had the same problem with Jack's.

I would have made it a dress, but she isn't in to dresses at the moment, so I lengthened and turned it a-line the legit way with Liesl's tutorial.


I cut front and back each in a single layer to make positive everything would line up, but I didn't ever even look for the tutorial for the sleeves, so I just winged it.  It doesn't look horrible, but I do love seeing other's nail it.  Someday I will figure it out. 
  

She requested this pose, on this rock.

I really should have finished it earlier in the month so she could get more wear out of it, but it will work for January too, right?  Right?... That's what I told her, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. She's so grown up. Tell her riding with gears is tricky, I still find it tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's Nicole from The Girl Charlee Team. This top is absolutely adorable! We would love to feature it on our monthly KnitPicks blog posting at blog.GirlCharlee.com. If you're interested, just send 1-2 images to gcblog@girlcharlee.com. Thanks!

    https://www.girlcharlee.com

    ReplyDelete