Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Playing with dye, again.

As soon as I saw this dress I knew I had to copy it.  I just happened to pick up some gauze from Jo-ann that day, and some RIT dye to make my own coral since I haven't been able to find anything locally, so I got to work immediately!
 
 
 


I actually had planned to make this top to go with the eyelet shorts from the other day, but then after I dyed the gauze I realized it went perfectly with some linen I had also picked up that day so I made another pair of Puppet Show Shorts size 12 month to go with the top. 


And I also hopped on the Washi tape trend, it is so much easier than moving my pictures off the wall or clearing off the coat hooks every time!  Plus, pick your plum had it for really cheap one day:)



It was a kind of hard color to capture.  I really like the look of it on her, perfectly summery.




It is quite long right now, but I figure she'll get lots of wear from it now and by the end of summer George can take over.




It was a very blustery day.  Luckily (?) it was a hot wind, so perfectly fine for a strappy top and cute shorts.




See? Not bothered at all by the wind:)

10 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit - and an adorable little girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the inspiration:)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!
    Love your new look blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I thought it was overdue for a change. I have actually been thinking about it for a while but only just had the time to figure it out.

      Delete
  3. Love the colors:) coral is so pretty on her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! She is lucky and can pull of so many colors well.

      Delete
  4. Cotton gauze is the perfect fabric for warm/hot weather! I love her in coral.:) The outfit is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used it before, but it seems like it will be!

      Delete
  5. That last picture is a beauty! What a cute top.
    I also like the blog revamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am very happy with both:) The white seems to make things less distracting.

      Delete