Thursday, April 10, 2014

Umbrellas and arrows.

Confession:  These Roller Skate Dresses have been cut out since the last Kid's Clothes week.  That makes it  what, 3 months in the UFO pile?  I was beginning to worry I hadn't added enough length being they have both really shot up the last few weeks. 



But never fear my dears!  They turned out just fine.  I made a size 2T with the length of a 3T and elastic placement of a 3T.  I remember these being a little generous fitting on the twins (I have made these plenty of times already) so I sized down from what I usually make in O+S.


In fact, they are still wearing their 18 month Roller Skates, originally shown here,
(Sad face due to the fact I wanted to take a picture of her rather than sit in my sewing chair)



and this one here.  Also George is wearing an 18 month Jump Rope Dress seen here originally.  It still fits well once it is on (the JRD) but it is a little tricky getting her arms in, but she loves it, missing button and all.



Little Miss George claimed the umbrellas straight away, and there was a little bit of a fight over who would get to wear it, but eventually small one won.


Iz is still digging the "don't look at the camera no matter what" game.  Nice.

I am glad I finally sat down and made these, I do love the prints and they are perfect for spring/summer.

3 comments:

  1. They are getting so big!
    Really lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought - when did they get so grown up! I think it's the "up-dos" in the first photo that threw me for a loop! Such a pretty, basic pattern. On my list of patterns I have but haven't yet tried to sew for Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I run in to the same problem with my little girls when I make the same pattern in 2 different prints. There inevitably ends up being a "better" print and they fight over who will wear that one.;) Can't win!

    ReplyDelete