Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Are you ready for some football?

We are! 


I have been meaning to make this for Sam for a few months now (oops!), and finally had the excuse to bump it to the top as it will be used under Sam's Halloween costume.  I am knee deep in Halloween this week, but there is an end in sight. We have an annual Halloween party this Friday, since I could see I wasn't going to make it in time I bought Jack's costume, much to his dismay.  He really wanted me to make it, but once he tried the RTW one on he was happy.

So, the onesie.  The pattern is the Peek-a-boo pattern Lullaby Line bodysuit with a bit of fleece applique.  I super over bought for his costume, so I used the fleece instead of a white knit, we'll see how it washes up.  I went based off his weight, which put him in the 9 month.  I thought that seemed really big being he is only just wearing 6 month RTW, but this fits pretty well which makes me wonder if it runs small.

I used some girlcharlee knit, I have had better luck with their solid knits than the printed, a lot of the prints seem to fade fast.  I still need to make him a pair of brown pants but my serger decided to act up and come unthreaded and no matter how hard I try or how many different ways I do it I can't seem to make it work.  I can rethread it, but once I try to sew it all goes down the crapper.  Sigh.

Next, I need to finish up the sleeve for Elizabeth's costume and make the cape, then I can finally clean my house, ha!

7 comments:

  1. He is the cutest football ever :-) - how I want to smooch him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him so!
    I hear you, one hours sewing time yesterday spent rethreading my dang machine!!!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man! It's hard when there's precious little time and it's spent doing the not fun stuff.

      Delete
  3. Oh my.....I giggled when I saw your preview picture!!! HOW CREATIVE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks:) I think I saw it on Etsy or Pinterest, can't remember now.

      Delete
  4. He is so darn cute!! I love the football onesie. I had to share it with Patrick...I told him I was to make him one.lol That was good for an eye roll from him but he did agree that Sam and his onesie were adorable.

    ReplyDelete