Monday, April 23, 2012

KCWC day 1.

It's Kid's Clothes Week!! I thought this time around I would be so prepared, I would have everything planned out, drafted, cut out and ready to sew. Ha. That's just not how I roll.  I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal when it comes to most things everything in my life, so why should sewing be any different?

So today during the twins' first nap I decided on a few circle skirts.  I have been wanting to do a circle skirt for a while now, and when I saw Jessica's on project run and play last week I knew I "had" to make one right away!  I don't usually like to follow the trends... I love chevron prints and have resisted for as long as I could, but then I saw her version and knew the twins "needed" a few.  Buuuut I went the lazy route and made mine from preprinted material.  No piecing here. (Wasn't her's ah-mazing??)  Hence, the kind of funky way my zig zags ended up.  Oh well.



I went with navy and grey.  I wanted black, but the quilt shop I was at that day only had navy, red and grey, and I wasn't in the mood to go to the shop I knew had it. Oh well. 



And I picked up some grey and navy (and pink and teal) elastic from Joann's.  So cool they carry that now!


I am thinking a little bolero to go with each one.  I can't decide if I want to do yellow with the navy and pink with the grey, or yellow with the grey and what with the navy? hm...

They are size 12m so a bit too big for the girls, but the really don't need anything else in the 6m range...  I have a pair of shorts and a shirt for Jack planned, but that is about as far as I have thought!  I really need to figure out what to make for a baby shower this weekend... hm...  and my Ayashe just showed up in the mail, so that will be added to the list!!

3 comments:

  1. These are so adorable Brittney! So cool to see that you were inspired by my skirt- although I def don't blame you for going the easy route, ha! I think I would do yellow cardigan with the gray and pink with the navy- or maybe even peach and navy (which is the color scheme of my next PR&P look. Shhhh!)

    ReplyDelete